Join Our Team
900 Stanford Shopping Center Bldg. W, Palo Alto, California, 94304, United States
Hiring immediately for full-time and part-time /hourly Prep Cooks, Pastry Cooks or Cooks
- Flexible schedules / flexibility to switch schedules easily
- Paid on the job training provided
- Clear path for growth – we promote from within
- Uniform (shirt / hat) provided at no cost
- Free meal provided per shift
- Employee referral program for outside your own location ($250 for team members and $500 for management)
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Financial support from the employee-funded Lucky Cat Fund Assistance during times of hardship for qualifying team members
A Prep Cook, Pastry Cook, or Cook accommodates Guest’s needs by preparing food according to established recipes and procedures as well as following safety and sanitation guidelines. Prep Cook assists the Line Cooks and chefs with a variety of preparation tasks, including chopping vegetables, preparing other ingredients, putting together completed entrees, making salads, and preparing the components of a dish.
- Prepare all food items to company specifications, including cleaning and cutting the ingredients, and may assist in cooking food items
- Assists with stocking and organizing daily and weekly deliveries, and setting up the restaurant kitchen stations
- Responsible for the setup, operation, break down, and cleaning of all kitchen equipment
- May need to assist with washing dishes, sweeping/mopping floors, cleaning and maintaining equipment, sanitizing utensils, etc.
- Uphold our high restaurant kitchen sanitation and food service safety standards
- Previous experience not required – we will train you
- Have a current Food Handler’s Card where applicable, or we will help you obtain
- Ability to learn restaurant menu and recipes and follow uniform standards.
- Knowledge of all chemicals used in the building
- Excellent customer service skills and etiquette
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced teamwork environment
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 30 lbs. and continuously bend, reach and twist
- Must be at least 18 years old
Why work for us?
Because it’s more than a job. We are passionate people doing meaningful work, motivated by our purpose: To celebrate life, family, and food.
P.F. Chang’s is a unique concept like no other restaurant; a scratch kitchen and concept you can take pride in. We believe in P.F. Chang’s – 28 years strong and still growing, sharing, and celebrating each day!
How We Protect Our Associates
The Company reviews CDC guidelines and complies with Federal, State and local rules to keep our P. F. Chang’s Team Members and Guests safe.
- Search for jobs by keyword or location.
- Gather your work history, and if applicable prepare your resume for submission.
- Click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
- If you meet the qualifications of the job, someone from PF. Chang’s will contact you.
Interested in learning more about the position, but not ready to apply?
- Click on the P.F. CHANG'S WORK WITH US and provide your name, address, email, telephone number, and career area you are interested in.
- Someone from P.F. Chang’s will contact you to discuss the opportunity.