Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
- Background check information, such as information necessary to complete background, credit, drug/alcohol and/or other checks when permitted by law, and information received during these checks;
- Information needed to understand and assess accommodation requests regarding potential disabilities or other health conditions;
- Medical information if you meet with us in-person, such as your body temperature, health symptoms, vaccination status and other screening information in connection with the Company’s health and safety plans and protocols, including screening required to access Company offices/facilities and other measures designed to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 or other infectious diseases;
- Online activity information collected from cookies and similar technologies, such as how you interact with our online job application forms and online identifiers (including IP address) associated with the device from which you access them; and
- Other information you provide to us.
In certain cases we may ask you for additional information for purposes of complying with applicable laws. We may also inquire about criminal and/or credit records. We will do so only where permitted by applicable law.
2.2 Sensitive personal information and protected classification characteristics With the possible exception of “contact information”, “job preferences”, and “employment history”, all of the categories above include, or contain information from which it may be possible to infer, sensitive personal information or characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law if applicable. However, we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information in ways subject to California residents’ right to limit use or disclosure of sensitive personal information under the CCPA.
2.3 Sources of personal information We collect personal information from you when you apply for a job and throughout the job application or recruitment process. We may also collect your personal information from other sources and combine it with the personal information you provide us. For example, we may collect your personal information from:
This section generally describes our practices currently and during the preceding 12 months.
- Job board websites you may use to apply for a job with us;
- Prior employers that provide us with employment references;
- Professional references that you authorize us to contact;
- Pre-employment screening services, such as background check providers (where permitted by law);
- Employment agencies and recruiters;
- Your educational institutions;
- Your public social media profile or other publicly-available sources;
- Other Company personnel.
3. How we use personal information about candidates
3.1 Purposes for which we use personal information